Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Manifesto (Or Something Like That)

Well, I see that this blog hasn't quite taken off like I'd hope. But Rome wasn't built in a day, and this blog is less than a week old. So, yes, there's still hope.

I thought I'd share with you my hopes for this website, and where I see it's purpose right now. First, the hopes. I hope that eventually this site takes on a life of it's own, with ideas cropping up, being taken to their extremes, stretched to capacity, therefore creating new topics, new solutions and new interests. Right now I see it like this: this site is a seedling. It needs a lot of TLC before it reaches critical mass and can start taking care of itself. When it does reach critical mass, it will essentially continue to grow organically, with little or no effort on anyones part. Until then, I guess I/We will have to act as careful stewards. Why? Because I don't especially want to see this site die before it gets that first shoot above ground.

Now to the purpose. First and foremost, I want this blog to be about having fun. I want the posters to enjoy what they're posting on, finding genuine interest in sharing their opinions and ideas on various issues. I want this blog to spark ideas, guide imagination, and create interests. Let's face it: each of us has a limitted area of interest and expertise, and we could all use a little help from the other experts out there. This site's a great place to test ideas, practice argumentaion and discourse. It's a great place to find out how others feel about different topics. On a slightly more serious note, this blog highlights some of the best and brightest in Chi, and therefore will give us some idea of what the future holds. Saying that, let's not get too uptight. This is, as I said before, should be FUN.

I'm going to start everything off with a post that I hope everyone will be interested in. Until we blog again,

David

PS - If you'd like an example of a collaborative blog, check out Generation Sit. This is basically the format I'm going for with Think Bowl. Of course, our topics can span any area of interest. Hopefully this will give you a general idea of what I had in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home